Updated November 15, 2016.
- Commitment to Privacy
- Information We Collect
- How We Use Your Information
- Cookies and Do No Track
- How We Share Your Information
- How We Protect Your Information
- Managing Your Information
1. Commitment to Privacy
PasswordBoss provides products and services including personal privacy and identity protection and internet security, and we know that you care about how your information is used and shared. PasswordBoss is in the online security business to help protect you. At times we may need access to certain data on your PC, tablet, mobile phone or other applicable device. We respect your right to privacy. We want to make sure that you understand the type of information we collect about you, how it is used and the safeguards we use to protect it.
This Privacy Statement only applies to the personal information we collect through our websites and does not apply to information collected by or in connection with your use of our products and services. To learn more about the privacy practices relating to certain products or services, visit our “If You Use Our Products” Section.
2. Information We Collect
When you visit our websites, we may collect or ask you to provide certain information in order to help us manage our relationship with you. This information may include:
- Contact details, such as name, mailing address, email address and phone number;
- Shipping and billing information, including credit card and payment information;
- Your transaction history;
- Information you provide to us to receive technical assistance or during customer service interactions;
- Information about other people that you may provide with any program or services including Sharing Invitations;
- Information about your computer or device, including browser type and settings, IP address and traffic data relating to your Internet connection; and
- PasswordBoss product performance data and information about how you use our products and services.
3. How We Use Your Information
We may use Your Information to:
- Create and manage your PasswordBoss Account, when you purchase from our online store;
- Create your PasswordBoss, when needed to access communications and services;
- Verify your identity and entitlement to products or services, when you contact us or access our services;
- Provide commercial quotes for our products and services;
- Process your purchase transactions;
- Update you on the status of your orders;
- Allow you to register products or services you purchase;
- Manage your subscriptions;
- Provide you with technical and customer support;
- Subscribe you to a newsletter; send product updates or technical alerts;
- Communicate with you about and manage your participation in contests, offers or promotions;
- Solicit your opinion or feedback; provide opportunities for you to test software;
- Research and implement product improvements and product updates;
- Evaluate and improve the quality of our products, services and websites;
- Provide you with a customized experience when you visit our websites;
- Allow interoperability within our applications;
- Secure our systems and applications;
- Allow for the provisioning of services; and
- Enforce our legal rights or comply with legal requirements.
4. Marketing Messages
In addition to the purposes described above, we may, in compliance with applicable consent requirements, use Your Information to provide you with advertisements, promotions and information about products and services tailored to you and your needs. This may include using demographic data or trend data provided by third parties, where permitted. Contact details, including phone numbers and email addresses, may be used to contact you. If you do not want us to use Your Information in this way, you can simply choose not to give your permission on the webpages and/or forms with which we collect Your Information. Please note that in some regions this may involve un-checking a box. You can also exercise this right at any time by unsubscribing from promotional emails.
We may provide information about your interests in our products to third parties for the purposes of serving you more relevant ads. Where we provide you with interest-based ads on a site other than our own, we do not track your other activities on that site. If you click on our ads, we will know only the domain you came from.
Information From Third Parties
Third parties may provide us with information about you from online and offline sources. We may combine such information with the information we already have about you in order to provide you with a better experience, determine your interest in our products or improve the quality of our offerings.
PasswordBoss Website Forums or Networking Sites
We operate forums, websites and related information services, to better assist you in using our products and services, discussing technical issues and sharing your experiences. You should be aware that any information you provide in these public forums will not be kept confidential, as it may be read, collected and used by others who access them. To request removal of Your Information from any forum, contact us here. In certain circumstances, we may not be able to remove Your Information, in which case we will let you know why. Your use of these other services may be subject to additional terms and conditions.
5. Cookies & Do-Not-Track
- Tailor information presented to you based on your browsing preferences, such as language and geographical region;
- Collect statistics regarding your website usage;
- Provide us with business and marketing information; and
- In some cases, to enable a third party to deliver future advertising for our products and services to you when you visit certain websites owned by third parties.
We use different kinds of cookies:
- Essential cookies are necessary to provide you with services and features available through our websites. Without these cookies, services you may need, such as shopping carts or e-billing, cannot be provided.
- Analytics or customization cookies collect information that is either used in aggregate form to help us understand how the website is being used or how effective our marketing campaigns are, or to help us customize the website for you.
- Advertising cookies and tracking scripts are used to make advertising messages more relevant to you. They perform functions like preventing the same ad from continuously reappearing, ensuring that ads are properly delivered and, in some cases, featuring ads based on your interests. If your website includes a cookie management tool, you will find a hover button at the bottom of your screen.
If you do not wish to receive cookies you may be able to refuse them by adjusting your browser settings to reject cookies. If you do so, we may be unable to offer you some of our functionalities, services or support. If you have previously visited our websites, you may also have to delete any existing cookies from your browser.
There are different ways you can prevent tracking of your online activity. One of them is setting a preference in your browser that alerts websites you visit that you do not want them to collect certain information about you. This is referred to as a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) signal. Please note that our websites may not recognize or take action in response to DNT signals from Web browsers. At this time, there is no universally accepted standard for what a company should do when a DNT signal is detected. In the event a final standard is established, we will assess how to appropriately respond to these signals.
For more detailed information about cookies, Do-Not-Track and other tracking technologies, please visit allaboutcookies.org and allaboutdnt.com.
Third Party Data Collection
This may also include cookies placed by third parties, to deliver tailored information and content which may be of interest to you, such as promotions or offerings, when you visit third party websites after you have left our websites. We do not permit these third parties to collect personal information about you (such as email address) on our site, nor do we share with them any personal information about you.
Social Media Features and Widgets
6. How We Share Your Information
We do not sell, lease, rent or give away Your Information. We only share Your Information as described below, within our group of companies, with our partners, with service providers that process information on our behalf and with law enforcement. Processing is only undertaken for the purposes described in this Statement. If we share Your Information, we require those we share it with to comply with adequate privacy and confidentiality requirements, and security standards.
We may provide Your Information to our partners for the sole purpose of allowing them to conduct PasswordBoss business. Our partners go through a certification process and only after that are they authorized to promote and sell our products and services. Our partners may use Your Information to communicate with you about PasswordBoss products or services they believe are important to you or your business. If you do not wish to receive promotional emails from our partners, you can unsubscribe directly in the footer of the partner’s email to you.
Service Providers Processing Data On Our Behalf
We may use contractors and service providers to process Your Information on our behalf for the purposes described in this Statement. We contractually require service providers to keep information secure and confidential and we do not allow our data processors to share your information with others without our authorization, or to use it for their own purposes. However, if you have an independent relationship with these service providers their privacy statements will apply.
Selected Resellers, Distributors and Other Distribution Channel Partners
In certain instances, it may be necessary for PasswordBoss to disclose Your personal information to government officials or otherwise as required by applicable law. No personal information will be disclosed to any law enforcement agency or governmental agency except in response to:
- A subpoena, warrant or other process issued by a court of competent jurisdiction;
- A legal process having the same consequence as a court-issued request for information, in that if PasswordBoss were to refuse to provide such information, it would be in breach of local law, and it or its officers, executives or employees would be subject to liability for failing to honor such legal process;
- Where such disclosure is necessary for PasswordBoss to enforce its legal rights pursuant to the laws of the jurisdiction from which such information was gathered;
- A request for information with the purpose of identifying and/or preventing credit card fraud; or
- Where such disclosure is necessary to prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat of bodily harm to the data subject.
7. How We Protect Your Information
Storage of Your Information
The information we collect from you may be stored on servers in the United States and anywhere PasswordBoss or our vendors operate.
Links to Other Websites
Our websites may contain links to other websites, which are owned or operated by other companies. If you choose to visit any linked websites, we encourage you to review their privacy statements carefully, as they may differ from ours. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of websites that are owned by companies that are not within the PasswordBoss group of companies.
Our websites may also link to co-branded websites that are maintained by PasswordBoss and one or more of our business partners, who are collecting Your Information pursuant to their own privacy practices. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on any co-branded site to which you link for information on the privacy practices of that site.
Our site is not directed to, nor do we knowingly collect information from, children under the age of 13.
8. Managing Your Information
We retain Your Information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We also retain and use Your Information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. We store Your Information for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which we collect it.
Accessing, Updating or Correcting Your Information
You are able to view and update much of Your Information through your PasswordBoss. Under certain circumstances, you may be able to request the removal of inaccurate or incorrect information we have about you. We will respond to requests to access or delete Your Information within 30 days. To make such a request, please contact us.
If you have questions or concerns about your privacy, please:
Write to us:
Privacy Program Office
2751 Hennepin Ave S #252
Minneapolis, MN 55408
Email us: privacy@PasswordBoss.com
Changes to This Statement
We reserve the right to revise or modify this Privacy Statement. In such event, we will post a prominent notice on this website prior to the change becoming effective. If the changes would have the effect of introducing a purpose for the use of Your Information that is inconsistent with this Privacy Statement, and where required by applicable law, we will either notify you or provide you with an opportunity to opt-out from PasswordBoss making such use.