Password Boss Unveils Free Password Manager and Digital Wallet for Consumers
Designed for Anyone Who Has Trouble Remembering Their Passwords, Company Aims to Reach 92 Percent of People Who Don’t Use Password Managers
MINNEAPOLIS – July 23, 2015 – Password Boss today unveiled its company to the consumer market by introducing a new free password manager and digital wallet designed for anyone who has trouble remembering their passwords. Password Boss is simple to use, giving consumers a superior level of control over how they manage their passwords and personal information. The new app is the only free password manager that allows people to store an unlimited number of passwords, choose where their data is securely stored and share any item in their account with anyone they choose. The product is available for download on Windows PCs and tablets, as well as iOS and Android mobile devices.
According to a Harris Interactive survey of 2,030 U.S. adults conducted for Password Boss1, 92 percent of consumers do not use a password manager to store their passwords for online accounts. When asked about different ways consumers keep track of their passwords, 63 percent said they memorize them, while 43 percent said they write them down on paper (multiple responses allowed). The survey further found that more than half of consumers (54 percent) agree that they need to change their online password habits.
“Most people aren’t motivated to change their poor password habits,” said Password Boss founder and CEO Steve Wise. “Despite the fact that four of ten companies were hacked in 2014, most of us continue to use and reuse crackable passwords that are easy to remember, store passwords in unsafe places and rely too much on clicking ‘forgot password’ links. As consumers, we want things to be easy. That’s why we created Password Boss. By securely storing personal information and synchronizing it across all devices, Password Boss is the easiest way for people to safely login to websites, access their accounts and shop online.”
Password Boss features include a secure Password Vault, bank-grade security, synchronization across devices, a Digital Wallet with automatic form filling, hassle-free sharing of any data with trusted family members and friends, a personal security score, personal ID storage, and secure internet browsing.
- Password Vault: Consumers only need to remember one master password and Password Boss automatically fills in their unique usernames and passwords on any login screen for them. The Password Vault stores an unlimited number of usernames and passwords, and includes a strong password generator.
- Bank-Grade Security: Password Boss is built with 256-bit AES encryption, the same level of security used by banks. Only consumers have access to their data.
- Synchronization Across Devices: Password Boss synchronizes consumers’ accounts across all of their devices instantaneously for easy access to their passwords and personal data at anytime, anywhere.
- Digital Wallet: Consumers can securely store their online payment choices including credit card or PayPal information, as well as bank account details. Password Boss speeds up consumers’ online checkouts by automatically entering all of their payment details, saving time and effort.
- Personal Security Score: Password Boss provides a personal security score with recommendations on how consumers can increase their level of online security.
- Secure Sharing: Consumers can easily and securely share any stored item in their account with anyone they choose. Any item can be shared for a fixed time period or indefinitely, and shared items can be easily revoked by the account holder.
- Secure Item Storage: Consumers can securely store all important personal information such as names, addresses, emails, phone numbers, digital notes and other identification.
- Patent-Pending Secure Browser: The unique Secure Browser within Password Boss creates a SafeZone that blocks malware, plugins and phishing scams for secure browsing on any website. The Secure Browser ensures that sensitive online transactions, like banking, stay private.
Password Boss is built with the highest level of security to ensure that consumers are the only ones with access to their data. At the same time, it was designed to make it as easy as possible for everyday consumers to improve their security habits in a world where they are increasingly exposed to internet security threats.
Key security features include local-only decryption of passwords and personal data, 2-step authentication to access any account data, a remote-delete feature to remove data from a stolen device, and Touch ID support in iOS. Password Boss is the only password manager that lets consumers choose where in the world they would like to store and backup their encrypted data. In addition, Password Boss sends consumers up-to-date security notifications and actionable advice when security breaches occur. For complete details on Password Boss’ security and privacy features, please visit: https://www.passwordboss.com/security/.
Pricing and Availability
Password Boss is a free password manager and digital wallet available for download on Windows 8/7/Vista/XP-based PCs and tablets, and all iOS and Android devices. A premium (paid) version with features such as online backups, 2-step authentication and unlimited, secure password sharing is available for $29.99 per year. Complete pricing details can be found at https://www.passwordboss.com/pricing/.
Password Boss also is available free of charge to charitable organizations, schools, universities and religious organizations.
About Password Boss
Password Boss is the free password manager and digital wallet designed for anyone who has trouble remembering their passwords. By securely storing personal information and synchronizing it across all devices, Password Boss is the easiest way for people to safely login to websites, access their accounts and shop online. A premium version of the Password Boss app is available with features such as online backups, 2-step authentication and unlimited, secure password sharing. The app is available for Windows PCs and tablets, as well as iOS mobile devices. Founded in 2014 and privately funded, Password Boss is headquartered in Minneapolis, MN.
1 Abbreviated Methodology
This survey was conducted online within the United States by Harris Poll on behalf of Password Boss from January 23-27, 2015 among 2,030 adults ages 18 and older. This online survey is not based on a probability sample and therefore no estimate of theoretical sampling error can be calculated. For complete methodology, including weighting variables, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.