Updated November 15, 2016
Scope of Terms
Security and Privacy
Master Password: To use the PasswordBoss Products you are required to create a PasswordBoss account buy entering an email address and creating a master password, your “PasswordBoss Account”. We encourage you to use a complex, hard to guess, non-obvious password that is different from passwords you use for any other service. You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy, completeness and confidentiality of your PasswordBoss Account, and you are responsible for all activities that occur under your account, including activities of others to whom you have provided your PasswordBoss Account. The Solutions allow you to share your Content with others, PasswordBoss encourages you to think carefully about what you share and with whom. We will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to provide us with accurate information or to keep your PasswordBoss Account secure. If you discover any unauthorized use of your PasswordBoss Account or suspect that anyone may be able to access your private content without authorization, you should immediately change your password and notify our Customer Support team.
Limited License Grant: In order to use the Solutions, you grant PasswordBoss certain limited license rights to process your Content to provide the Solutions. For You are granting PasswordBoss rights to process, maintain, store, back-up and distribute your Content .You agree that these rights and licenses are royalty free, worldwide and irrevocable (for so long as your Content is stored with us or within a Solution).
Member Account, Password, and Security: PasswordBoss may, from time to time, host a program or activity specific site that may require you to establish a member account and/or site password. In such cases, you are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account. Furthermore, you are entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account. You agree to notify PasswordBoss immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security here. PasswordBoss will not be liable for any loss that you may incur as a result of someone else using your password or account, either with or without your knowledge. However, you could be held liable for losses incurred by PasswordBoss or another party due to someone else using your account or password. You may not use anyone else’s account at any time, without the permission of the account holder.
Personal Non-Commercial Use: The PasswordBoss Solutions are for personal and non-commercial use. Unless otherwise specified or as provided in these Terms, you may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information, software, products or services obtained from the Solutions.
You may not use or facilitate the use of this site or any Solutions in connection with any infringement analysis concerning PasswordBoss Solutions. By your use of this site or any Solutions, you agree to grant PasswordBoss a non-exclusive, royalty-free license to any patent claim thereafter drafted which includes subject matter disclosed on this site.
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- Use the Solutions or activities to “stalk” or otherwise harass or harm another;
- Impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, an PasswordBoss official, forum leader, guide or host, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity or collect or store personal data about other users in connection with the prohibited conduct and activities;
- Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted through the Solutions;
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights (“Rights”) of any party;
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation;
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- You may not use the Solutions in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair any PasswordBoss server, or network(s) connections, disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Solutions or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Solutions;
- You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any Solutions, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to any PasswordBoss server or Solutions, through hacking, password mining or any other means or obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the Solutions;
- Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, including, but not limited to, regulations promulgated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, any rules of any national or other securities exchange, including, without limitation, the New York Stock Exchange, the American Stock Exchange or the NASDAQ, and any regulations having the force of law; and/or
- Provide material support or resources (or to conceal or disguise the nature, location, source, or ownership of material support or resources) to any organization(s) designated by the United States government as a foreign terrorist organization pursuant to section 219 of the Immigration and Nationality Act.
US Government Restricted Rights: The Materials including PasswordBoss Software are provided with “RESTRICTED RIGHTS.” Use, duplication, or disclosure by the Government is subject to restrictions as set forth in FAR52.227-14 and DFAR252.227-7013 et seq. or its successor. Use of the Materials by the Government constitutes acknowledgment of PasswordBoss’s proprietary rights in them.
Notices and Disclosures
Exclusions of Warranty: The Materials and PasswordBoss Web Sites are provided by PasswordBoss LLC and/or its worldwide direct or indirect subsidiaries and affiliates (“PasswordBoss”) as a service to its customers and are for informational purposes only. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT:
- YOUR USE OF THE SOLUTIONS IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND THAT THE SOLUTINS ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF ANY KIND INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NONINFRINGEMENT OF PASSWORDBOSS INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SOLUTIONS IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR OTHER DEVICE OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
- IN NO EVENT SHALL PASSWORDBOSS OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF INFORMATION) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOLUTIONS, EVEN IF PASSWORDBOSS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS PROHIBIT THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Limitation of Liability: YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT PASSWORDBOSS AND ITS LICENSORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR:
- IN NO EVENT SHALL PASSWORDBOSS AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF ANY SOFTWARE, DOCUMENTS, PROVISION OF OR FAILURE TO PROVIDE SERVICES, OR INFORMATION AVAILABLE FROM THE SOLUTION.
- ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE WHICH MAY BE INCURRED BY YOU, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OR DAMAGE AS A RESULT OF ANY RELIANCE PLACED BY YOU ON THE COMPLETENESS, ACCURACY OR EXISTENCE OF ANY CONTENT, OR ANY CHANGES PASSWORDBOSS MAY MAKE TO THE SOLUTION OR FOR ANY PERMANENT OR TEMPORARY CESSATION IN THE PROVISION OF THE SOLUTION (OR ANY FEATURES WITHIN THE SOLUTION); OR IF APPLICABLE, YOUR FAILURE TO KEEP YOUR PASSWORD OR ACCOUNT DETAILS SECURE AND CONFIDENTIAL;
- THESE LIMITATIONS ON PASSWORDBOSS’S LIABILITY SHALL APPLY WHETHER OR NOT PASSWORDBOSS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF OR SHOULD HAVE BEEN AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH LOSSES.
Accuracy and Completeness: PasswordBoss does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within the Solution.
Changes and Updates: PasswordBoss reserves the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, Solutions (or any part thereof) with or without notice. PasswordBoss may make changes to Solutions, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. PasswordBoss makes no commitment to update the Solutions.
Content Related Notices
Ownership: You acknowledge and agree that PasswordBoss owns all legal rights, title and interest in and to the Solutions, including any PasswordBoss trade names, trademarks, service marks, logos, domain names, and other distinctive brand features therein (whether those rights happen to be registered or not, and wherever in the world those rights may exist), and that they are protected by worldwide copyright laws and treaty provisions. They may not be copied, reproduced, modified, published, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way without PasswordBoss’s prior written permission. Except as expressly provided herein, PasswordBoss does not grant any express or implied right to you under any patents, copyrights, trademarks, or trade secret information.
PasswordBoss Product Notices and Information
Limitations: WITH REGARD TO INFORMATION ON PASSWORDBOSS PRODUCTS IN THE WEBSITE OR MATERIALS NO LICENSE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, BY ESTOPPEL OR OTHERWISE, TO ANY PASSWORDBOSS INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS IS GRANTED IN THE WEBSITE OR MATERIALS. EXCEPT AS PROVIDED IN PASSWORDBOSS’S TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE FOR SUCH PRODUCTS, PASSWORDBOSS ASSUMES NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER, AND PASSWORDBOSS DISCLAIMS ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY, RELATING TO SALE AND/OR USE OF PASSWORDBOSS SOLUTIONS LIABILITY OR WARRANTIES RELATING TO FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTABILITY, OR INFRINGEMENT OF ANY PATENT, COPYRIGHT OR OTHER PASSWORDBOSS INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHT.
Use of PasswordBoss Products: PasswordBoss products are not intended for use in medical, lifesaving, life sustaining applications. UNLESS OTHERWISE AGREED IN WRITING BY PASSWORDBOSS, THE PASSWORDBOSS PRODUCTS ARE NOT DESIGNED NOR INTENDED FOR ANY APPLICATION IN WHICH THE FAILURE OF THE PASSWORDBOSS PRODUCT COULD CREATE A SITUATION WHERE PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH MAY OCCUR.
Notice Specific to PasswordBoss Software
Any PasswordBoss software that is made available to download from the Web Sites (“Software”) is the copyrighted work of PasswordBoss and/or its suppliers. Use of the Software is governed by the terms of the end user license agreement which accompanies or is included with the Software (“License Agreement”). An end user will be unable to install any Software that is accompanied by or includes a License Agreement, unless he or she first agrees to the License Agreement terms. The Software is made available for download solely for use by end users according to the License Agreement. Any reproduction or redistribution of the Software not in accordance with the License Agreement is expressly prohibited by law, and may result in severe civil and criminal penalties. Violators will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, COPYING OR REPRODUCTION OF PASSWORDBOSS SOFTWARE TO ANY OTHER SERVER OR LOCATION FOR FURTHER REPRODUCTION OR REDISTRIBUTION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED, UNLESS SUCH REPRODUCTION OR REDISTRIBUTION IS EXPRESSLY PERMITTED BY THE LICENSE AGREEMENT ACCOMPANYING SUCH SOFTWARE. THE SOFTWARE IS WARRANTED, IF AT ALL, ONLY ACCORDING TO THE TERMS OF THE LICENSE AGREEMENT. EXCEPT AS WARRANTED IN THE LICENSE AGREEMENT, PASSWORDBOSS HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH REGARD TO THE SOFTWARE, INCLUDING ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE, PASSWORDBOSS MAY MAKE AVAILABLE AS PART OF THE WEB SITE OR IN ITS SOFTWARE PRODUCTS, TOOLS AND UTILITIES FOR USE AND/OR DOWNLOAD. PASSWORDBOSS DOES NOT MAKE ANY ASSURANCES WITH REGARD TO THE ACCURACY OF THE RESULTS OR OUTPUT THAT DERIVES FROM SUCH USE OF ANY SUCH TOOLS AND UTILITIES. PLEASE RESPECT THE PASSWORDBOSSLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OF OTHERS WHEN USING THE TOOLS AND UTILITIES MADE AVAILABLE ON THE SERVICES OR IN PASSWORDBOSS SOFTWARE PRODUCTS.
Notice Specific to PasswordBoss Documents
Permission to use PasswordBoss owned white papers, press releases, datasheets, specification documents, FAQs etc. (“Documents”) from the Web Sites is granted, provided that (1) the below copyright notice appears in all copies and that both the copyright notice and this permission notice appear, (2) use of such Documents from the Services is for informational and non-commercial or personal use only and will not be copied or posted on any network computer or broadcast in any media, and (3) no modifications of any Documents are made. Accredited educational institutions, such as K-12, universities, private/public colleges, and state community colleges, may download and reproduce the Documents for distribution in the classroom. Distribution outside the classroom requires express written permission. Use for any other purpose is expressly prohibited by law, and may result in severe civil and criminal penalties. Violators will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible.
Documents specified above do not include the design or layout of the Web Site or any other PasswordBoss owned, operated, licensed or controlled site. Elements of the Web Sites are protected by trade dress, trademark, unfair competition, and other laws and may not be copied or imitated in whole or in part. No logo, graphic, sound or image from any Web Site may be copied or retransmitted unless expressly permitted by PasswordBoss.
PASSWORDBOSS MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE SUITABILITY OF THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THE DOCUMENTS AND RELATED GRAPHICS PUBLISHED ON THE WEB SITE FOR ANY PURPOSE. ALL SUCH DOCUMENTS AND RELATED GRAPHICS ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. PASSWORDBOSS HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH REGARD TO THIS INFORMATION, INCLUDING ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL PASSWORDBOSS AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF INFORMATION AVAILABLE FROM THE SERVICES.
THE DOCUMENTS AND RELATED GRAPHICS PUBLISHED ON THE WEB SITE COULD INCLUDE TECHNICAL INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS. CHANGES ARE PERIODICALLY ADDED TO THE INFORMATION HEREIN. PASSWORDBOSS MAY MAKE IMPROVEMENTS AND/OR CHANGES IN THE PRODUCT(S) AND/OR THE PROGRAM(S) DESCRIBED AT ANY TIME.
User Content Submissions
Definition: User content submissions may include but not limited to, user registration, participation, public sharing, posting, uploading, linking, downloading, and transferring, viewing, blogging, commenting, chat room, bulletin board and forum participation, or submitting or transmitting content, including, but not limited to graphics, art, software, code, data, text, video, audio, text, opinions, descriptions etc. (the “User Content”) on any PasswordBoss Web Site. The content submitted by users is referred to here after as “User Content”.
Non-Endorsement: PasswordBoss does not endorse any User Content or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein, and PasswordBoss expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with User Content submissions. PasswordBoss does not permit copyright infringing activities and infringement of PasswordBoss intellectual property rights on its Web Sites, and PasswordBoss will remove User Content if properly notified that such submission infringes on another’s PasswordBoss intellectual property rights in accordance with the DMCA provisions. PasswordBoss reserves the right to remove User Content at its sole discretion and without prior notice.
Ownership: PasswordBoss does not claim ownership of any User Content submitted, posted, transmitted, made available or displayed on, or through, the Solution, including, but not limited to, data, text, sound, images, videos, diagrams, software, code, audio, information, graphs, or descriptions on the Web Sites or Material. Unless otherwise agreed to in writing, there is no compensation for User Content. PasswordBoss is under no obligation to post or use any User Content submitted. Unless otherwise agreed in writing with an authorized PasswordBoss representative, any material, information or other communication you transmit or post to a Web Site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary.
License: Unless other specified on the Web Site or activity terms and conditions, by posting, displaying, uploading, inputting, providing or submitting such user content you grant PasswordBoss, necessary sub-licensees and Web Site users, a perpetual, irrevocable and fully sub-licensable license to use worldwide, royalty-free and non-exclusive license, to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, publicly perform and publicly display the User Content (in whole or in part) and to incorporate such User Content into other works in any format or medium now known or later developed for any and all commercial or non-commercial purposes.
User Submitted Code: Any user submitted code or materials posted on any PasswordBoss web site is supplied under license from the submitter, and should be used or downloaded in accordance with any license terms specified. PasswordBoss is not responsible for user submitted code nor warrants that it will work correctly.
Links to Other Materials or Sites
The linked sites are not under the control of PasswordBoss and PasswordBoss is not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. PasswordBoss reserves the right to terminate any link or linking program at any time. PasswordBoss does not endorse companies or products to which it links and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to this Site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
User access to this Web Site is governed by all applicable federal, state and local laws. All information available on the Web Site is subject to U.S. export control laws and may also be subject to the laws of the country where you reside.
PasswordBoss makes no representation that Materials in the site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where their content is illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws.
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and PasswordBoss and govern your use of the Site. Each user may be subject to additional terms and conditions that may apply when that user uses affiliate services, third party content or third party software. The Terms and the relationship between you and PasswordBoss shall be governed by the laws of the State of Minnesota, USA without regard to its conflict of law provisions and each party shall submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the State. If any provision of these Terms is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the Terms remain in full force and effect.
In the case of any violation of these rules and regulations, PasswordBoss reserves the right to seek all remedies available by law and in equity for such violations.
Copyright © PasswordBoss, LLC. All rights reserved. PasswordBoss, LLC, 2751 Hennepin Ave S #252, Minneapolis, MN 55405, USA.